Sail this beautiful 70 foot classic schooner as a member of crew under the supervision of qualified professionals - no experience necessary, you will learn everything on board!
Enjoy the fun and camaraderie of being a crewmember - the exhilaration of sailing on the ocean wave, the excitement of piloting into unfamiliar harbours, the wonder of sailing at night under a starry sky.
Learn how to set and stow sails, helm the ship, tie knots, read the weather and predict tides. Observe the geography and ecology of the Irish coastline from the unique vantage point of the sea.
This exciting adventure offers the participants the opportunity to overcome fears, push boundaries and take on new responsibilities in a challenging environment. Sail training promotes self-confidence, enhances self-esteem and develops leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
Your sail training experience will take place in a friendly and supportive environment under the care of qualified professionals whose first priority is always the safety and welfare of the crew on board.
At the end of the voyage you can expect to leave with:
- An STI Certificate in Deckwork and Watchkeeping
- An EU recognised YouthPass certificate
- A qualifying experience for Gaisce
- Love of your time on board and an understanding of the challenges involved in sailing and learning the skills necessary to meet them.
- Friendships that could last a lifetime.